Recent comments

• Using stencils in the Care Facilty Art Class   3 years 14 weeks ago

I just came across your blog post about your art work with people with Parkinson's, and wanted to say how amazing and creative I think your ideas have been! Looking forward to reading more about it! Tiffany

• Market stall at Arcare Knox   3 years 51 weeks ago

Your comments about teaching art in the nursing home are inspiring. Great advice.

• Snippet From the Nursing Home   4 years 17 weeks ago

Thanks Darron, I'll check on the links. I think we forget sometimes how creative the elderly can be.

• Snippet From the Nursing Home   4 years 17 weeks ago

Some lovely stories about old age here Anne: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/21/arts/design/21mati.html?pagewanted=all...

And Manoel Cândido Pinto de Oliveira is over 100 and still directing films http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFDpXITOoA

And Happy 94th Pete Seeger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLWK0i7NGU0

Darron

• Before the Court   4 years 17 weeks ago

I love painting barristers. I'm doing a painting at the moment that shows barristers at home on Sunday morning. They are in their pyjamas wearing their gowns. Will post the image when finished. Hope barristers have a sense of humour.

• Before the Court   4 years 18 weeks ago

Love the idea. You have captured barristers perfectly. Looking forward to seeing the paintings at St Kevin's exhibition.

• Teaching art in a care facility   5 years 29 weeks ago

Yes Marcia, Central Victoria is rich in stimulation for an artist. I love the red brick buildings in particular. I have in mind to do a series on people "eating" out in road side cafes etc. Milk bars are another delight as you have pointed out. The roadside fruit and vegie stalls that used to be dotted along the Caldar Highway would, as you suggest, make a great painting. Thanks for all your great ideas and interest. We obviously share a common delight in the ordinary things of life which I have found are the most important. Anne

• Teaching art in a care facility   5 years 29 weeks ago

I've had a wonderful time browsing your catalogue of works. Seeing your depiction of ordinary people going about their ordinary lives in their ordinary Australian backyards and neighbourhoods has been a delight. Remaining in this vain, an old rural Victorian school such as the one in which you started your teaching career could make a fine subject as would a country Milk Bar or roadside fruit and vegetabled stall.
    Would love to see your original works. Hope there'll be another exhibition on its way.

• Teaching art in a care facility   5 years 45 weeks ago

I would like to see a series of smaller paintings with Mediterranean themes. Also another series of small paintings on "ordinary People" engaged in domestic activities like the "Big Wash". I thiunk your paintings are wonderful.

• Teaching art in a care facility   5 years 51 weeks ago

Hi there, sorry I haven't been keeping everyone up to date with my work. Been busy with other things. My latest painting is of the wonderful drawbridge at Wilcannia in Eastern New South Wales Australia. The iron work is a real challenge.

• Barney Glade and his Contentments   6 years 23 weeks ago

Inspirational paintings that are sure to become favorites...